Hi

Just built a pc with asus a7n8x-x motherboard, athlon xp 2500+, 512 ddr 333 ram. It works fine with Win 98 but wont install XP. About 5 mins into the installation it reports hardware problems tells me to try disabling a couple of cache's in the bios and try again. And reports error 0x7b.

Any idea's?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

sounds like somthing on your motherboard doesnt like xp

Hi

Just built a pc with asus a7n8x-x motherboard, athlon xp 2500+, 512 ddr 333 ram. It works fine with Win 98 but wont install XP. About 5 mins into the installation it reports hardware problems tells me to try disabling a couple of cache's in the bios and try again. And reports error 0x7b.

Any idea's?

I have same problem with A7V333 Athlon 2000+ 512MB ddr 333ram except I don't evenn get error message, it stops at "setup is starting windows". I have tried changing every component except the Mobo & processor, even the PSU ( mine runs fine on Win98 too), The Mobo was previously working fine with XP in my other PC chassis. I've run out of ideas.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.