Hi

Just built a pc with asus a7n8x-x motherboard, athlon xp 2500+, 512 ddr 333 ram. It works fine with Win 98 but wont install XP. About 5 mins into the installation it reports hardware problems tells me to try disabling a couple of cache's in the bios and try again. And reports error 0x7b.

Any idea's?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Steve Brooks

Hi

Just built a pc with asus a7n8x-x motherboard, athlon xp 2500+, 512 ddr 333 ram. It works fine with Win 98 but wont install XP. About 5 mins into the installation it reports hardware problems tells me to try disabling a couple of cache's in the bios and try again. And reports error 0x7b.

Any idea's?

I have same problem with A7V333 Athlon 2000+ 512MB ddr 333ram except I don't evenn get error message, it stops at "setup is starting windows". I have tried changing every component except the Mobo & processor, even the PSU ( mine runs fine on Win98 too), The Mobo was previously working fine with XP in my other PC chassis. I've run out of ideas.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.