What is the shelf life of cartridge?Does any one have idea on
this ? please suggest me.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

That depends on if it's a shotgun or a rifle.

If you mean a printer cartridge, then ink seems to last less than toner. At least a year though, probably less than 3. Some have an expiry date.

If you mean a printer cartridge, then ink seems to last less than toner. At least a year though, probably less than 3. Some have an expiry date.

Thanks for your help and reply.

Any other suggestion or replies?And thanks jbennet for your reply.But tell me 1 thing any factors can effect on shelf life?

heat and humidity? sunlight?

Please give me appropriate answer jbennet.But thanks for help me.I am waiting for appropriate answer please help me for that.

What is wrong with the answer given? Seems appropriate to me.
He has already said more than a year, but probably less than three. Keep it away from direct sunlight, excessive heat and humidity.
Instead of worrying about that, just buy a cartridge when needed and you will not have to worry about it :).

I heard that the shelf life of compatible brand ink cartridges is approx 2 to 3 years. But recently I found that my last ink cartridge's life is only 9 months.

So, the next time you buy one, make sure to use it within that tie period just to be safe :).
I don't buy a cartridge until I need one.

Shelf life is not fix in always.Its depend on our use.Which type of color we are using and where we placed it.Theses things can affect the shelf life.

just like the day you were born ,the doctor couldn't tell you parents how long you were going to last ,it all depends on how well you take care of yourself. same go for ink cartridge .

Shelf life of cartridges is approximately 3 to 4 months and many of the factors can effect on it also.So we have to take care during the use of cartridges.
<snipped "fake" sig>

this whole thread was created so someone could come along and post a sig spam ,driving me nuts that i have to really wounder if all the post are going that way,just wasting my time here now ,someone has to do something to stop it ,like make it illegal t opay people to do it ,sucks big time !

You are quite right.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.