Hi

I bought a new laptop which came with windows 7 pre-installed.
I am supposed to have a 500GB HDD space, but when i view "Computer" which also displays the available size, it says i have 11GB of 40 GB left! but i have a 500GB hard drive.

when i switched on the machine i had to press F2 so that windows as well as the hardware could be configured, the laptop has a hitachi drive, i remember i could either choose to partition the drives or not, i chose not to, could that be the problem, do i have to re-configure the machine to show me the correct hdd space?

Someone please help....

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi

I bought a new laptop which came with windows 7 pre-installed.
I am supposed to have a 500GB HDD space, but when i view "Computer" which also displays the available size, it says i have 11GB of 40 GB left! but i have a 500GB hard drive.

when i switched on the machine i had to press F2 so that windows as well as the hardware could be configured, the laptop has a hitachi drive, i remember i could either choose to partition the drives or not, i chose not to, could that be the problem, do i have to re-configure the machine to show me the correct hdd space?

Someone please help....

hi right clik on myomputer lick manage then go to disk manager , look for unpartitioned /unaloated harddrive ,its posiable you may need to format the ret of the drive to create a 2nd partition , thi ite might help a bit with finding the space
http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-Disk-Management-in-Windows-7-Vista

thank you soo much

thank you soo much

your welcome ,did you find the rest of the drive .sorry about the missed letters in my last post ,didn't even notice ,my laptop keyboard must be acting up.

your welcome ,did you find the rest of the drive .sorry about the missed letters in my last post ,didn't even notice ,my laptop keyboard must be acting up.

Sorry for the late reply, was so busy didnt have time to log on to daniweb. I did find the rest of the drive, dont worry about the missing letters, i understood what u were saying.
Thanx again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.