On a notebook drive is Pin #1 towards the power connector (as I would expect) or is it away from the power connector.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

On a notebook drive is Pin #1 towards the power connector (as I would expect) or is it away from the power connector.

i believe its the same as the normal pc drives. :) not sure however so dont take as gospel:confused:

i will ask somebody who will know and come back 2 u in a couple of hours or so.:)

Should be as normal. The quickest way to confirm it, of course, is to plug it in and see if BIOS sees the drive. If it doesn't and can see it when the connector is reversed, then you have it successfully worked out!

:D

Should be as normal. The quickest way to confirm it, of course, is to plug it in and see if BIOS sees the drive. If it doesn't and can see it when the connector is reversed, then you have it successfully worked out!

:D

thought so:cheesy:

Unlike IDE drives notebook drives get power through the same cable. I am just hesitant to plug it in and cross my fingers. I dont mind blowing a HD but my notebook is another matter and my wife hates to see me cry...

Unlike IDE drives notebook drives get power through the same cable. I am just hesitant to plug it in and cross my fingers. I dont mind blowing a HD but my notebook is another matter and my wife hates to see me cry...

i see ur point there :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.