I have a Dell Inpiron 1150 with the 14.1 in screen. The hinges over a periood of time broke and eventually the LCD cable was partially exposed. After several more weeks, the cable finally tore some and display worked at times depending on how i position the screen. Now I have replaced the hinges, cover and the LCD cable and the computer comes on fine, there is just nothing displaying on the LCD. Hooked an external monitor to it, and it works fine. The backlit on the LCD seems to be working, the screen is lit up, just BLACK. It is not dark as usually associated with LCD inverter. I also bought another LCD and inverter and still same problem. Could this be a motherboard issue(where the cable plugs into motherboad?)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

From what your saying I suspect it to be the LCD cable at fault.

Take the back plastics off again amnd make sure its properly connected to the LCD panel.

From what your saying I suspect it to be the LCD cable at fault.

Take the back plastics off again amnd make sure its properly connected to the LCD panel.

Yes, I have purchsased 2 cables, made sure they both were connected. The LCDs work on a second 1150 that I have, just not this one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.