hi guys

i need to change the cpu fan on my gateway ml3109 but i cant find a repair manual

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thanks for your response!!!

i was able to find that manual but it didnt provide much help i also tried the compressed air but the problem still persisted.....i can hear the fan stopping and starting then before you know it it gets extremely hot and occasionally it shuts off.....any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Maybe the fan connector is loose? can it be reached without taking the whole thing apart?

from what i have seen it doesnt look like i can check the connector without taking it apart

Hey mate i got the same problem before. Last night i fully disassembled my Gateway ML3109, after 4 years of use, this was the first time I cleaned it because the notebook's processor is reaching 82 degree Celsius and it's doing nothing. After I completely disassembled it, I found out that the CPU Fan is full of dirt same as the heat sink making the air impossible to go through. Also after you cleaned the fan , remove the old thermal compound on the processor and on the heat sink. Put a new thermal compound on it.

After I cleaned the whole notebook, It's running like brand new.

http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Mobile/8512061_Apache_RPL.pdf

Hey mate i got the same problem before. Last night i fully disassembled my Gateway ML3109, after 4 years of use, this was the first time I cleaned it because the notebook's processor is reaching 82 degree Celsius and it's doing nothing. After I completely disassembled it, I found out that the CPU Fan is full of dirt same as the heat sink making the air impossible to go through. Also after you cleaned the fan , remove the old thermal compound on the processor and on the heat sink. Put a new thermal compound on it.

After I cleaned the whole notebook, It's running like brand new.

http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Mobile/8512061_Apache_RPL.pdf

Thank you Luka

Did you use that manual to disassemble your laptop or did you do it on your own because that manual doesnt help at all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.