My computer recently went dead and i took it to best buy and the geek squad said the problem is my motherboard which they wont help me out with. I dont know much about motherboard and compatibility so can someone help me out with recommending a new motherboard for my computer.

I had a (sckt939)MSI k8n neo4-f nforce4 chipset sata Raid PCI-e w/gblan, usb2.0 and 7.1 audio. my cpu is a (939-pin) AMD athlon64 3000+ cpu w/hypertransport technology. The mother board doesn't have to be anything great, i dont do to much with my computer other than surfing the web. So if someone can suggest a new motherboard hopefully for under $100 bucks, i would really appreciate it. If you need to know any other information just ask and i will get back to you asap!

thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Best Buy's techs probably meant that the board itself is non repariable.
There are a number of good systemboards that are available for less than $100.
Go to your fav. getting place and take the cpu and ram info with you the rest shouldn't matter.
Remember tho that you'll have to either reinstall your OS or do a (R)epair from the orig. setup disk.

Best Buy's techs probably meant that the board itself is non repariable.
There are a number of good systemboards that are available for less than $100.
Go to your fav. getting place and take the cpu and ram info with you the rest shouldn't matter.
Remember tho that you'll have to either reinstall your OS or do a (R)epair from the orig. setup disk.

As above, You don't need to get an identical board as you previous one but if your after cutting cost and reusing the components from the old motherboard, then the new board must be compatible with the old components. You will need a motherboard that accepts your CPU and RAM, from what you say you are looking for a AMD 939 socket motherboard.

Just to note, you may be able to get a newer motherboard bundle for just a little more than you may pay for one thats compatible with your old components. Your going to kick yourself if you CPU fails or RAM goes.

- Let us know how it goes.
- Have just noticed that this thread is 19 days old.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.