I have just gone and brought the above proccessor and a new Motherboard and new ram and case. I am still waiting for the ram atm, so the pc has not been started. I was wondering when i added the heat sink which come with the Processor it has a heat pad on it alreay. Is it a good idea to remove this pad and get some good quality heat paste( forgot the name), and add that instead. Or will the normal thing be ok.

Also will a 350watt powe supply be ok to power :

2 Harddrives
2 Cdroms Drives
Geforce 5200 FX
Above Proccessor
k8vt800 Pro MotherBoard (Gigabyte)
4 Case Fans
1 Processor Fan
2 Cathode lights
1 led Strope light

Or is it asking to much, do i need to upgrade to 500 watt or even more!

I know i can find out when i turn it ok but i am not getting the rest for a few days so would have the chance to get a new Power Supplly before then ready. Or will i just have to wait and see if it will start up.

Thanks for all the help!

I have found a good and cheap 450watt PSU would this be powerfull enough???????

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by newtocustompc

I'd recomend upgrading your powersupply just to be on the safe side personally.

Go with somthing 450 or above :)

Would this be ok,

I can not find out the votage details, also will it work with the proccesro i have as i know they need alot of power, and atx means that it has the little 4 pin socket. So this one should be ok?

Thanks for all your help.

I've never heard of jeantech so I can't comment.... might want to broaden your search to other websites.

Ok the think is that one i would preffer to be able to pick up from a shop. Needs to be in uk. Also i do not want to pay alot as just spend near £400 on pc parts. Also it needs the correct leads. Can you find or think of any places.

ok thanks anyway but there american. I think i will just get the one from Pc World, but i will go and see if i can find some more info on the box first.

Thanks for all your help.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.