Ok this has been annoying me for months but I've finally decided to act on it.

My asus G50v(bestbuy version) is running excessively hot. Ive opened it up, the video card and cpu both have heat pipes going into a single cooling fan... My problem is this fan has died (or it appears this way).

It was dying around 6 months ago, probably from dust, but when I cleaned out the dust it continued to die... and now doesn't move at all. If i have the laptop open with the computer on I can move the fan a little and it will spin for a second or less on its own(not every time i touch the fan just some times).

I've updated the driver, the computer works fine for every day use, it just runs excessively hot. All videos whether they are flash, or downloaded run choppy, and I can't even play the most basic of video games.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

you need to replace the fan or you are going to fry your cpu ,video is choppy because of excessive heat ,my opinion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.