OK, now i know your all gonna say get a new computer, but at this moment, its not possible. I went and threw another processor on the motherboard (which i also cant find the spec for to know if it was ok, but it works) and then tried setting the speeds. Well after about 20 settings and 20 windows installs later, I am up and running.

I ran Bios Agent Plus and it said my bios was bad. Of course when you press the option to download the correct one, you have to pay $29.99. I've looked around with out luck. I am hoping someone can send me in the right direction. I am very interested in learning more about it anyhow, so i don't mind doing the research or reading if someone sends me in the right direction.

Here is the info for the BIOS:

BIOS Type: Award
BIOS Date: February 21st 2001
BIOS ID: 02/21/2001-i815-W83627HF-6A69RAB9C-00-None
BIOS OEM: MX3S R1.11 Feb.21.2001 AOpen Inc. - 6.00 PG
Chipset: Intel 1130 rev 2
SuperIO: Winbond 627F/HF rev 7 at port 002E
Manufacturer: Unknown
Motherboard: 10

Here's the system summary from Bios Agent:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service pack: 3.0
BIOS type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS ID: 02/21/2001-i815-W83627HF-6A69RAB9C-00
BIOS sign on: None
BIOS date: 2001.02.21
Chipset: Intel 1130 rev 2
SuperIO chipset: Winbond 627F/HF rev 7 at port 002E

This info here is from my Belarc Advisor about the mobo:

Board: 10 9188a10001
Serial Number: 110a2063kn55
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

And this is also a Belarc Advisor of my processor:

Processor
1000 megahertz Intel Pentium III
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded

I also was having issues not knowing what to set my spread spectrum clock. I tried several ones, read about it a bit, and found one person who said just disable it. that didn't work. Where am i supposed to find how to calculate those settings? I believe its set on -.06% I tried others .40 etc. but I kept getting BSOD. You'll ask what error but i forget.

If there is anymore information i can provide you with I'd be happy to.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

Josh B

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

ADDED:
OK, so far I managed to find the usa.aopen.com info on the Motherboards>>MX3S>>BIOS and other info, I think maybe i might be in the right direction. I don't know how i manged to over look it before. I will post back.

I have flashed a BIOS one other time. And well, that laptop is a paperweight. I know the system is the MX3S, but I am not sure which BIOS version I should update it to. Do I do each one? Does that latest include what that second one included?

And it apears its not really suppose to suport the 1000mhz, but it is. IDK.. Any info is awesoem, Thanks guys

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Open your PC up and have a look for the make and model then go to the manufacturers website and you will be able to get any bios updates there for free!

Yes I have done that now... And TY. I am on the site now and about to DL the BIOS updates. There are three. The one i have and two newer. I am jsut unsure if i should do them both, or just the newest.

R1.23 1/10/2002

Checksum C841h
Supports boot from USB storage device (FDD, ZIP, etc)
Updates CPU ratio up to x16.
Shows "Diskette Drive B: None" on POST process.

AND the newest one being:

BIOS R1.25 4/23/2002
312.0 KB
Checksum A2F1h
Fixes Fujitsu ATA 100 HDD hang up on Windows 2000.
Supports HDD which over 137GB size.
Keeps CPU fan swirling while entering S1.
Changes the default setting of year from 2001 to 2002

Just do the newest! But be warned, if anything goes wrong it could be the end of your motherboard!

Well, guess that's the end of this thread. Who the heck has a 3.5" floppy these days? Or the dirve it's self. Not me.. Ive downloaded them, and guess one day ill managed to come across one.. Thanks for any help Folks.

With some googling you should find instructions on how to make a USB flash drive into a "fake" floppy drive! I am just off to work now so don't have the time right now to look for it!

No problem! Any time! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.