Please be patient because i am a newb !!

What ive got and the problem the problem:

A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
XFX GEFORCE 6800 PCI-E 128MB DUAL DVI
Seagate Barracuda ST3200822AS 200Gb
AMD (Venice) Athlon 64 3500+
Corsair (TWINX1024-3200C2PT) 1024MB
350W PSU and 500W PSU

Well i have a complicated problem and in need of desperate help!!

It started to build a pc out of these components + all the extras. I plugged my 350W PSU into the motherboard and the and turned it on, it all booted up fine but i didnt get a display on my monitor, (newb guessing that the graphics card wasnt getting enough power so i replaced with a 500w PSU. When i switched it on, the motherboard didnt power on despite the green LED lighting up, no fans came on, which was the big indicator, i then swapped the back round just to check and make sure and yet the same thing happened.

Please can somebody help me because i am desperate to use this pc as it is a nice spec.

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm kinda having the same issue with rebuilding my system.

It powers up and all, but no display. I know my video card is good becuase it worked on a computer here at work, the IT guy here said it may be an incompatible memory issue.

Best of luck.

Here are the specs on your board for memory...

- 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 ECC/ non-ECC un-buffered DDR SDRAM memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture

So make sure what you have will work.

Hope it helps.

Here are the specs on your board for memory...

- 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 ECC/ non-ECC un-buffered DDR SDRAM memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture

So make sure what you have will work.

Hope it helps.

cheers for the help but my memory was fine. ive sent back the motherboard as suggested by ASUS

cheers though

Did you check if the clear cmos pins were delivered in the wrong position, this has happened to me several times.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.