Wondering if anyone has come across this motherboard before:
"Kobian PVM890M 1.0"

I purchased a number of clone PC's in an auction for schools in Africa, and some of them have been diagnosed with Faulty Motherboards, and these PC's are fitted with this motherboard.

I would like to replace these motherboards, using the same Processors and Memory that came with the PC's.
I am told the Processor fitted is "Socket Type", and the Power Supply that goes on the motherboard has "10 pins".
Could anyone help identify the type of MotherBoard, which replacement type should I be looking for, and if anyone can point me in the direction of a source of supply for this,

Grateful thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi,sounds really old ,but im thinking maybe on e-bay ,the power supply sounds like AT, the socket type ,is not enough to go by as they all were refered to as socket type ,then a number like socket "A", socket 5,socket 7,super7 and so on .
you would need to take the cpu out to see the type written on the socket .my humble opinion is i know you mean well but it seems like a wast of time and money to try and fix the broken ones ,hope you didn't pay much for them,

hi,sounds really old ,but im thinking maybe on e-bay ,the power supply sounds like AT, the socket type ,is not enough to go by as they all were refered to as socket type ,then a number like socket "A", socket 5,socket 7,super7 and so on .
you would need to take the cpu out to see the type written on the socket .my humble opinion is i know you mean well but it seems like a wast of time and money to try and fix the broken ones ,hope you didn't pay much for them,

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

No, didn't pay much for them, but in Africa noting is thrown away, and it seems a shame to throw these units away. Also, import duties are so high, that it would cost a lot to import new computers, but relatively cheaper to fix these with new motherboards.
I will have the info you refer to checked tomorrow, see what is written under the CPU, and post here.
Thank you again

Power Supply that goes on the motherboard has "10 pins".

do you mean 20 pin, like 2 rows of 10 each, these computers may not be as old as im thinking they are,same model ,but show as mercury and i think Kobian and Mercury are one in the same , so these computers are relativity new then ???

like this one .
http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&subtitle=Mainboard&productid=742

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.