Booting up a new pc and it is my first so please bare with me.

Motherboard and all fans start to spin, but i get no display on my tft monitor.

The only output sockets on my card are 2 DVI sockets but my monitor has a VGA socket, so an adapter came in the box, im guessing that this could be the problem because when i used the DVI for my LCD TV, i got no display, but im probably wrong.

anybody got any solutions as im am such a NEWB!!!

GEFORCE 6800 128 ddr sli ready

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Bought the PC as a package from a store? Take it back under warranty!

Did you connect the adapter correctly? is the monitor on ? are all cables connected correctly? I wouldnt think its the graphics card, i think its the monitor not functioning. But open the case up and see if the graphics card is connected or if its fans are spining, but yeah , i think its the monitor

But open the case up and see if the graphics card is connected or if its fans are spining, but yeah , i think its the monitor

I highly recommend you don't do this if your PC is a package with a warranty. You risk voiding it!

yeah, but if any means possible you know? just make sure everything else is working before going into any conclusion if not, your local retailer or the place where you bought it can be a good assisstance :)

yeah, but if any means possible you know? just make sure everything else is working before going into any conclusion if not, your local retailer or the place where you bought it can be a good assisstance :)

Venturing into the case is a risk. The vendor you bought the system from may use warranty stickers - they sit where the case cover/side meets the chassis and will break if the case is opened. Thus, they can tell if you've attempted a little home maintenance.

If something's not working, then it's not your problem! But, as mentioned previously, make sure you've connected everything correctly.

Venturing into the case is a risk. The vendor you bought the system from may use warranty stickers - they sit where the case cover/side meets the chassis and will break if the case is opened. Thus, they can tell if you've attempted a little home maintenance.

If something's not working, then it's not your problem! But, as mentioned previously, make sure you've connected everything correctly.

I built this myself,

The fans are spinning on the graphics card and the monitor is working on another machine.

Also when the monitor is connected i just get a blank screen and an orange light not a green light, but when disconnected a no visual output display comes on or sommit like that, just really wierd.

cheers for the help but reading that still hasnt solved my problem,

all componets seem to wrk fine but i just dont get anything on my monitor, when switched on the green light of my monitors stays on for about 3 seconds and then turn to orange which i guess is the power saving bit.

i really need some help that actually works (no offence im just really pissed off cause nothing works for me and cheers for all the help given so far)

cheers and please get back asap!!!

Do you hear your system beep or the harddrives being accessed? If you leave it on long enough (with the speakers on and volume up), do you hear the Windows startup music?

If you hear any of that, your system is working fine other than the video stuff. If you don't, your issues may lie elsewhere (such as faulty RAM).

You mention that your card is SLI-ready. Is your motherboard an SLI board as well? If so, are you plugging your card into the correct slot?

I can't imagine that this is the issue but are you using the primary monitor connection on the card (of the two, one is the primary).

Cheers got it sorted!!!

put some speakers in and told me that no ram was detected, then it was sorted.

just run into another spot of bother, no harddrive detected, but will post in another section.

thanks for all the help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.