one night i accidently took the ram out while it shutting down. after that the screen is black and i have to hold the power button to turn off. From then when i turn on the computer, i don't hear anything running at all and the screen is dark black then it turn off after 3seconds. I only can see the power light come on during that 3 seconds. it happen ever time....anyone has any suggestion of what happen...i really need this laptop for my school works....thank you so much for reading..

Member Avatar for nephros

You've probably burned either the motherboard or the RAM. In the latter case changing the ram module might help.
However the rule of a thumb is call DELL.

Thank you so much for you advice, i will call dell for info then try to change the ram...if still not work then i'm scrue....once again,,thanks

IS your problem resloved, I too have same problem with Inspiron 6000, I didnot take out RAM, when I press power on button all LEDs come up for 3 seconds and laptop shuts down. Display is blank. Pls reply ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.
SABIR

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.