hello,

I've got a Gateway E3400 mini with a MX841 (#4000773) motherboard in it and am considering upgrading it to either a 1.0 GHz PIII or a 1.2 Ghz (Tualatin) PIII. The difference in what I would pay for the 1.0 vs. the 1.2 (including the adapter) isn't a huge amount - is it worth it to get the 1.2 PIII and the FCPGA2 adapter instead of the 1.0 PIII? A few people have told me that there is a noticeable difference, but I wanted to see what the general consensus was. Its currently got a 667/133 MHz PIII. If anyone has any advice/recommendations, please let me know. Its going to be used by someone as a starter PC.

Thanks!

Me again - this is probably a stupid one, but when I look for the Pentium III 1.2 GHz, I also find something listed as Intel P-3 1200EB with what looks like the same specs. Is there a difference, or is that just another way of describing the Pentium III 1.2?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.