Hi all I am currently running an AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual core 4800+ 2.50 GHz 4.25 GB of Ram and I have 740 GB of storage. I am looking into some newer games that require 3.2 GHz. My poor old computer is just not able to keep up. I replaced the Motherboard a little over a year ago along with the processor and heat something or other. Any way I was hopeful that I could replace the processor with out buying another new Motherboard. If it's possible what information do I need to get together for the guy/girl over at best buy or whatever? Any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I see that your CPU is a AM2 socket, and the best CPU then is the Athlon 64 X2 6000+ if you don't want to overclock. If you want to do so the best CPU is Athlon 64 X2 3600+.

you can replace it, and make sure if you replace processor it is compatible with your motherboard...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.