Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I was curious about how to fix an SDHC card that has started telling the camera the memory card has an error and that it is locked. Then when you went to put it in the computer the computer won't recognize it at all either. I did a Google on this problem and the only thing I could find was about the little slide on the side that would lock the card.

That was not the case with this as it happened in the camera. We were at a Luau in Maui and the card went to 0 and said Memory card error. Not a nice thing to see when you have a couple days worth of pictures from Kauai and another couple from Maui. I then placed the card in the computer when we got back from the Luau hoping I could recover them from the card. No program was going to be able to recover them because now the computer will not even recognize the card when I put it in. I cleaned the contacts on the card with a Q tip to make sure they were not dirty but that still did not help.

I was curious to find out what people have done to get the card to work. I did come up with a solution but am just wondering what others have done.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

if there anything like me they likely just throw them away!lol
how did you fix yours

I put it in the freezer for almost an hour. Took it out and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Presto, it worked and still does. I won't use it for anything I care about but I will play with it and test it out to see how long it still functions.

if there anything like me they likely just throw them away!lol
how did you fix yours

thats what I did

Did it help yours?

Did it help yours?

NOPE! but the new one works great.lol

Im still trying to figure out why the freezer trick worked for a flash memory card,i used the freezer trick to keep a hard drive cooler longer to get file off it before it overheated and shutdown.

I am just glad it worked for me.

I am just glad it worked for me.

im glad it worked for you too,wish i had tried it ,will remember to try it next time for sure

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.