Ok, me and my dad are trying to setup a SATA to my computer. We are using a IDE as the master, I know I should probably use the SATA as my master but listen to the whole story first. We tried to connect it to my SATA1 connector in the motherboard and it does not detect it within the BIO's. Neither does it detect it if its in the SATA2 connector. On the motherboard it gives us SATA1 and SATA2, but within the BIO's it gives us SATA0 and SATA1. I asume 1 = 0 and 2 = 1 but I am not positive. Anyway, we went through the BIO's for a good 1 and a half, but couldnt even get the motherboard to even detect it. I know its on because I can hear it start up when we connect the powercord. I have a 100gb Maxton Diamond series HDD, and a 848P-A motherboard (dont know if this helps or not). Any suggestions on getting my BIO's to even detect the HDD will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have almost the same problem, except both of my hdd are SATA. I cant find the second hdd in "My Computer" but when I go to the device manager it shows both of them. I bet it will show the SATA hdd on your device manager, but thats all I know, I would like to know what is up as well.

I have almost the same problem, except both of my hdd are SATA. I cant find the second hdd in "My Computer" but when I go to the device manager it shows both of them. I bet it will show the SATA hdd on your device manager, but thats all I know, I would like to know what is up as well.

Well my proablem turned out to be that the HDD was bad, not necesarily that it was SATA. When I returned it they gave me a IDE, which I have no problem with because I am just more comfortable handling it. When you are in your Device Managers, did you open up your listed HDD and name/format the drive? Because thats what usually you have to do before you can view it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.