Hello,

Hi can anyone help me please,I have problem on my dvd-rom.This is the model

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q
SAMSUNG SUPER WRITE MASTER...my problem is when i am going to insert a dvdRw and then i am going to burn using only the windows burner...it will not burn the files, after finished burning and reloading again the dvd but it is empty no folder can be found...can you help me please what is the problem on my dvdrom...

I have no problem in using other burner like Nero...but i want to try the windows burner..
I am using Windows XP.

Thank you in advance and I'm Hoping for your positive response.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Nobody uses the Windows burner if they don't have to. There are a lot of much better programs to do that, such as Nero, Alcohol 120%, and some open source tools.

Windows burner are known to have compatibility issue with Samsung SH-S223Q, not sure whether they fix the patch but as rubberman have said, there are other softwares much better than Windows Burner.

I have the same burner also a 222AB. I am also having immense problems burning. I have tried nero versions 8 thru to 11 with no luck. OS is Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Firmware on both drives is latest, problems arise when I try to verify the burn. I then get errors every where. Tried using the same discs on a different OS and no probs ????????? Anyone found an answer yet ?

What is the make of the discs you are trying to burn. Some are better than others. Myself, I have had the best of luck with Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. Memorex - not so good.

Using Verbatim +R DL or rather trying to. Always figured cheap discs are never really cheap. On a side note these same discs were burning fine a month ago, using the same burners in the same OS, under nero 10. When things started acting up, I upgraded to nero 11. I should add I have formatted and reinstalled Win 7, Only software I have installed other than OS is nero, still no workie!!! Something is majorly porked

Are you trying to burn single-layer (4.7GB) or double-layer (9GB)? From your post, you are using double-layer (DL) discs. The Verbatim discs are very good, and I have rarely had any "coasters" using them. However, I NEVER burn at the full speed the discs are advertised for. If these are 8x discs, for example, then burn them at 4x. Also, configure Nero (or whatever burner you use) to use as much buffer space as you can get. Finally, make sure you enable burn-proof (or something like that), so that if the burn process has to stop because of a buffer underflow, it will continue correctly and give you a good disc.

Are you trying to burn single-layer (4.7GB) or double-layer (9GB)? From your post, you are using double-layer (DL) discs. The Verbatim discs are very good, and I have rarely had any "coasters" using them. However, I NEVER burn at the full speed the discs are advertised for. If these are 8x discs, for example, then burn them at 4x. Also, configure Nero (or whatever burner you use) to use as much buffer space as you can get. Finally, make sure you enable burn-proof (or something like that), so that if the burn process has to stop because of a buffer underflow, it will continue correctly and give you a good disc.

Hi thank you for the reply...I found out that my DVDrom writer is damage.so i replace it now new DVR rom and it woks perfectly...thank you for your help.

Hi thank you for the reply...I found out that my DVDrom writer is damage.so i replace it now new DVR rom and it woks perfectly...thank you for your help.

Ok. And then there is the bad hardware thingy... :-)

Hi rubberman.

Correct I am using double-layer discs, I have tried burning at all speeds from 2.4x up. Nero is using the maximum cache space allowed 80MB, also burnproof is enabled. This is really bugging me and I'm fresh out of ideas. Google this problem and it seems hundreds of people are having it. Unfortunately to date none of the suggested remedies have worked :( Thanks for the help mate it really is appreciated. Any more thoughts are welcome.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

You can try another drive. Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update available for the drive? As I mentioned, I had a similar problem with a drive in the past in that it could not play back DVDs that recorded OK, it seemed. The firmware update fixed the problem. If the drive came with the computer, first contact the computer manufacturer. If it was an after-market drive, then go directly to the Samsung web site's support pages.

You can try another drive. Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update available for the drive? As I mentioned, I had a similar problem with a drive in the past in that it could not play back DVDs that recorded OK, it seemed. The firmware update fixed the problem. If the drive came with the computer, first contact the computer manufacturer. If it was an after-market drive, then go directly to the Samsung web site's support pages.

Both drives firmware is the latest I can find, unfortunately the only other dvdrw drive I have does not support DL discs. :( I am loathe to go buy yet another drive, as I have already tried this once, hence the two Samsung drives.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

I have NEC drives on my Linux server (2 DL writers) and they work great. The only time I have problems is if I try to burn them at too fast a speed.

normally windows cd burn software is not so strong to write. u can try
nero software

This thread is a year old. Check the dates before posting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.