Hi everyone,

I just installed a new Diablo Expansion Slot 80mm LED Case Fan for my video card. I connected it parallel to the 4 pin But obviously I did something very bad - when I started my PC there was a high-spinning noise and then a black screen came up with the following:

VERSION ULB 408H
MAIN PROCESSOR: AMD ATHLON(TM) XP2000+
MEMORY TESTING 786432K OK.
BIOS GUARDIAN(R) ENABLED.
YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE BIOSGARDIAN TO UPDATE
<CTRL+C> TO ENTER CLOCK SETTINGS SUB MENU
<CTRL+P> TO LOAD PERFORMANCE DEFAULT SETTINGS AND RESTART
<CTRL+F> TOLOAD FAIL-SAFEDEFAULT SETTINGS AND RESTART

CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR - DEFAULTS LOADED

PRES F1TO CONTINUE, DEL TO ENTER SETUP.

So I switched PC off and removed the fan but it didn't help at all. The noise is actually increasing and that same black screen comes up. I guess I fried something in the system(hopefully not).

I am really stuck here. Any suggestions of what I should do?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

is the noise coming from your new fan? is it hiting anything? if so move it, if not take out out, you will want to either go into the bios settings and disable cmos guardian, or just do a cmos reset

i'm afraid the noise is coming from the hard drive - it's like grinding and squealing. But otherwise when I start Windows I have acess to it. Now the other thing is I can't get into BIOS setup. I tried everything suggested -Esc, F1, F2, F8, F9, F10, Del ...etc.I also removed the fan but it didn't change anything.

Ok, now how can I disable cmos guardian and is it safe to do so? I'm afraid to lose any data on my HD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.