Hi,
I am just a computer user (don't know much about what's inside it).
My Satellite Pro 6100 (notebook) came with Windows XP and IDE 30GB hard drive. Recently, the hard drive packed up. After a brief consultation (now I know I should have consulted more) I bought a Toshiba MK8026GAX (80 GB, 16MB buffer hard drive) with the understanding that I just have to pullout the defective IDE HD and plug in the new SATA HD.
Physically the new SATA mated well but I am unable to boot the Computer though I have tried advices posted in many sites. I have (I believe successfully) downloaded SATA Raid drivers/controllers (7 files including KR10l.sys)and tried the "F6 procedure". As some one else encountered an error message popsup which reads "D:\........\ole not supported at line 1XXX".
Now when I try the same procedue it says "Windows already has driver that you can use for "Toshiba Raid Driver for Windows XP" but gos back to options of "S" or "F3".
I suspect the Mother Board of my notebook does not recognize the new SATA HD.
Please advise where can I find SATA Raid controller for the mother Board (I don't know how to identify it) if I am right as above or advise me what to do. I read some lond description about "sliptream" but could not understand it.
thanks
yasa

Hi,
I am just a computer user (don't know much about what's inside it).
My Satellite Pro 6100 (notebook) came with Windows XP and IDE 30GB hard drive. Recently, the hard drive packed up. After a brief consultation (now I know I should have consulted more) I bought a Toshiba MK8026GAX (80 GB, 16MB buffer hard drive) with the understanding that I just have to pullout the defective IDE HD and plug in the new SATA HD.
Physically the new SATA mated well but I am unable to boot the Computer though I have tried advices posted in many sites. I have (I believe successfully) downloaded SATA Raid drivers/controllers (7 files including KR10l.sys)and tried the "F6 procedure". As some one else encountered an error message popsup which reads "D:\........\ole not supported at line 1XXX".
Now when I try the same procedue it says "Windows already has driver that you can use for "Toshiba Raid Driver for Windows XP" but gos back to options of "S" or "F3".
I suspect the Mother Board of my notebook does not recognize the new SATA HD.
Please advise where can I find SATA Raid controller for the mother Board (I don't know how to identify it) if I am right as above or advise me what to do. I read some lond description about "slipstream" but could not understand it.
thanks
yasa

Belated posting:
My new hard drive is not a SATA. It is a Ultra ATA (IDE-ATA/EIDE/ATAPI 44 pin header), 80 GB, 5400rpm, 16MB buffer.
My old hard drive is ATA100 (IDE interface also 44 pin header), 30GB, 4200rpm, 2MB buffer.
sorry for errors in the original postiong
Yasa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.