Hi, I have bought a fan which is similar to the one shown in the attached image, however, there is no direction whatsoever on mine on how to place it. Is the best position to have the "open" end of the fan pointing inside the casing or fixed to the back panel of my casing?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

For the back, point the fan out to extract the warm air inside the case, normally the side of the fan with the round label is the direction of the air going out.

So, if i understood it right, the side shown in the pic should be the one fixed to the panel?

plug it in holding it in you hand ,turn it on, and see what way it blows the air

I got another one, this one has arrows, and when I hold it on the side, one arrow points to my left and the other down, does this mean I place the left arrow one so that it faces the back panel?

I got another one, this one has arrows, and when I hold it on the side, one arrow points to my left and the other down, does this mean I place the left arrow one so that it faces the back panel?

yes

thx for sorting this 1 out

your welcome ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.