Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Either get a power supply that fits properly, get a motherboard that has the memory slots located differently so they are not interfered with by the PS, or get a case that locates the motherboard further away from the power supply. Neither solution you mention is, in my professional opinion as an EE, viable.

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I now have an H40 liquid cooler from Corsair installed in my computer. I want to know what someone would do in the case I am going to explain.
The H40 recommends it as an air intake so I have put this as an air intake in the back. My top fan on my P183 V3 is taking air out. My front two though are intake again. That is 3 in and 1 out. Should I switch my top fan in the front of my case and put it as an out fan? This would give me 2+2. Any suggestions would be great if you know what you are talking about.

I now have an H40 liquid cooler from Corsair installed in my computer. I want to know what someone would do in the case I am going to explain.
The H40 recommends it as an air intake so I have put this as an air intake in the back. My top fan on my P183 V3 is taking air out. My front two though are intake again. That is 3 in and 1 out. Should I switch my top fan in the front of my case and put it as an out fan? This would give me 2+2. Any suggestions would be great if you know what you are talking about.

I would leave it as is and check the temps. Once you have done that, reverse both front fans and check again the temps. Compare the two and decide the best way to do it.

Either get a power supply that fits properly, get a motherboard that has the memory slots located differently so they are not interfered with by the PS, or get a case that locates the motherboard further away from the power supply. Neither solution you mention is, in my professional opinion as an EE, viable.

As an EE, you should know that the OP is not talking about the PSU :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.