I have just swapped out my mobo for a foxconn NF4K8AC with Athlon64 3000+ cpu and geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E graphics card. The graphics card, cpu and mainboard fans spin up as do the CD/DVD drives and harddrive but the system simply emits a series of single prolonged beeps :cry: . I have swapped out the RAM in all the various slot combinations and bought a nice 500W Ultra X-Connect PSU but to no avail. Should I buy new RAM as my current PC2100 RAM is supposed to be compatible according to the manual but it touts itself as a DDR 400 compatible board or should I get my machine checked over by an (expensive) professional ? Is it likely to be a CPU or MOBO problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
gor41.

System specs:
Mobo: Foxconn (WINFAST) NF4K8AC-RS-1.0 nVidia nForce4;Phoenix-Award BIOS
CPU: Athlon64 3000+ socket 939 (Venice core, ADA3000DAA4BP)
RAM: 1GB DDR PC2100 Infineon
Graphics card: Expertvision Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E
Hard drive:Seagate 80GB
LG DVD rom drive;CD R/RW drive;Floppy;Audigy sound card;modem card;TV tuner card

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i rckon its your memory, i would suggest you either borrow a friends memory just to test, then just buy urself new corsair memory.

I have just swapped out my mobo for a foxconn NF4K8AC with Athlon64 3000+ cpu and geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E graphics card. The graphics card, cpu and mainboard fans spin up as do the CD/DVD drives and harddrive but the system simply emits a series of single prolonged beeps :cry: . I have swapped out the RAM in all the various slot combinations and bought a nice 500W Ultra X-Connect PSU but to no avail. Should I buy new RAM as my current PC2100 RAM is supposed to be compatible according to the manual but it touts itself as a DDR 400 compatible board or should I get my machine checked over by an (expensive) professional ? Is it likely to be a CPU or MOBO problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
gor41.

System specs:
Mobo: Foxconn (WINFAST) NF4K8AC-RS-1.0 nVidia nForce4;Phoenix-Award BIOS
CPU: Athlon64 3000+ socket 939 (Venice core, ADA3000DAA4BP)
RAM: 1GB DDR PC2100 Infineon
Graphics card: Expertvision Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E
Hard drive:Seagate 80GB
LG DVD rom drive;CD R/RW drive;Floppy;Audigy sound card;modem card;TV tuner card

Id agree on the memory. Even if it turns out not to be the memory you should atleast get pc 3200 with that system. Your ram will really hurts its potential performance if you dont.

Its more than likely cpu I had the same problem. Would only boot with a winchester core (ADA3200DIK4BI). Right pain hope there is a bios upgrade.

Winfast NF4 K8AC 3200DIK4BI 512 KINGSTON VALUE RAM MAXTOR 120GB WINFAST 6200

I just looked at Crucial and Kingston and neither show PC2100 modules for that motherboard. I think you are going to be purchasing new RAM.

If you are interested this is what Crucial suggests for that motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.