Good day to all nerds.

Again, rather I should call it New USB Flash Device Problem 2,
(but I may end up hijacking my post just from that title.)
But my first problem there...
(which i have said earlier in my problem that
it doesn't have a name or driver in itself.)
That first problem, is maybe, connected to my present situation.
Moderators may modify my post if something's wrong. Danke.

Currently, I was copying my files to my flash drive Transcend JetFlash V30,
but after in a matter of intervals an error message pops out, stating like this:

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying this file. If you continue to
receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help in this problem.

Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable.

Trying and trying again for an eternity doesn't work.
Any answers?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

well, it appears there's something wrong with the file you're trying to copy.
just trying again won't solve the issue I'm afraid, you may have to go back to the original source (hope for you that isn't the not back-upped original of your file) and download it again, or copy it over your current file.

Windows does this when copying large amounts of data to USB flash devices and thumb drives. I have experienced this frequently on my Windows 7 work system. I think that it is not responding properly to buffer-full conditions on the flash device. I remove the drive, and plug it in, restarting the copy from where it stopped. I had to do this numerous times recently when copying about 20GB of training videos to a USB flash drive for my company. Never had this issue with XP, but then I haven't used it for such purposes for a long time. My main OS is Linux and it doesn't have this problem! :-)

well, it appears there's something wrong with the file you're trying to copy.
just trying again won't solve the issue I'm afraid, you may have to go back to the original source (hope for you that isn't the not back-upped original of your file) and download it again, or copy it over your current file.

No no, sir. Every file I copy shows the same message,
and it only occurs when I put files in directories, or rather commonly called, folders.

So I doubt the FAT32 is corrupted, so I formatted the disk. To no avail.

Windows does this when copying large amounts of data to USB flash devices and thumb drives. I have experienced this frequently on my Windows 7 work system. I think that it is not responding properly to buffer-full conditions on the flash device. I remove the drive, and plug it in, restarting the copy from where it stopped. I had to do this numerous times recently when copying about 20GB of training videos to a USB flash drive for my company. Never had this issue with XP, but then I haven't used it for such purposes for a long time. My main OS is Linux and it doesn't have this problem! :-)

You're lucky dude. You just own a Linux ;)

I'd rewrite your signature line to

"Work delivers us from the three great evils: boredom, boredom, boredom. The money work earns delivers us two great benefits: practicing our vices, and fulfilling our wants."

- Rubberman

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.