:?: I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic eB with 128MB RAM but would like at least 256MB RAM. How do I get it? I also need at least a 32MB Transform & Lighting Video capable video card. How do i find out if i've got this and where can i get one? Please help! Thsi is all the get The Sims 2 game.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

What is the model # of the eB (1141, 1183, etc.)? The specifications/capabilities of eB series vary slightly depending on the exact model #.

I have no idea what the model # is! Hoe do i find out? i have the DXDIAG report if that will help?

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic eB with 128MB RAM but would like at least 256MB RAM. How do I get it?

The eB series will definitely support up to 512MB of RAM (later models probably support 1G or more, but I can't confirm that). What size of individual RAM modules you can use depends on how many RAM slots your particular motherboard has. If the mobo only has 2 slots, you can install (2) 128MB modules for a total of 256MB, or (2) 256MB modules for a total of 512MB. I'd suggest tossing out the existing 128M module and buying 2 256M modules; the more RAM you have the better. Also, buying modules of the same brand and speed is a good idea in terms of stability and performance.
The eB machines use the following type of RAM module: 168-pin PC133 SDRAM DIMM

I also need at least a 32MB Transform & Lighting Video capable video card. How do i find out if i've got this and where can i get one? Please help! Thsi is all the get The Sims 2 game.

According to your DXDiag report, you have the NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 card, which, although it does have 32M of RAM, unfortunately does not support T&L as far as I know. I'm not up on the current gaming-oriented video card offerings, but I'm sure you can find online reviews and comparisons of the different cards that are available.

Thanks very much for the help!

You're welcome. :)

If you're an nVidia fan, you could go for a GeForce 6600 based card. If however, you don't have any budget constraints, I'd strongly suggest the ASUS EN7800GT Dual Core card.

I have no idea what the model # is! Hoe do i find out? i have the DXDIAG report if that will help?

hey never give out a DXdiag report in public... :!:

wats ur budget ? and try a 8X AGP card provided u have an AGP slot.., the ATI 9600 series is cheap and has more than T&L.... is the RIVA TNT2 and AGP Card or PCI ?

If you're an nVidia fan, you could go for a GeForce 6600 based card. If however, you don't have any budget constraints, I'd strongly suggest the ASUS EN7800GT Dual Core card.

a 6600 GT is supported on a P3 860 MHz ?

a 6600 GT is supported on a P3 860 MHz ?

If you have the AGP slot to support it, then why not? Granted the AGP slot might be a 4X one, but it will function.

If you have the AGP slot to support it, then why not? Granted the AGP slot might be a 4X one, but it will function.

hey sorry i gt that.. i put my point across wrong.. i know it will be supported as in it will work but dont u think its a bit too high end and expensive for just T&L and therel be compatibility issues ? was thinking that way.. :lol:

hey sorry i gt that.. i put my point across wrong.. i know it will be supported as in it will work but dont u think its a bit too high end and expensive for just T&L and therel be compatibility issues ? was thinking that way.. :lol:

Yep. You're right there. Kinda overkill isn't it?
Does the GF FX 5200 support T&L? Because thats one of the cheapest cards out there...

not very sure.... i know it supports shader model 2.0 and is direct x 9.0 certified.....

It supports DX 9 on paper, but isn't all that good. I should know. I use that little runt of a card.

Infact, Half Life 2 switches to DX 8 mode on this card.

Hey Cerebral, where are you from?

Hey just got this off the net:

wigginender
Fresh Tomato
--------------------------------

Yes it can, all GeForce FX series support T&L and pixel shader 2.0...

It supports DX 9 on paper, but isn't all that good. I should know. I use that little runt of a card.

Infact, Half Life 2 switches to DX 8 mode on this card.

Hey Cerebral, where are you from?

Lol.... tsy i dont like Nvidia.... they lie a lot hehee.... nd i went in for an Asus Radeon 9600 XT.. Neva gives me a problem except the unusual crash sometimes with a VPU recover thingie... Im from Bangalore.. where you from.... ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.