I was working on computer and a blue screen appeared which lasted for a long time so i just turned off the computer. And now things connected from back of the CPU like Monitor, Keyboard and mouse are not working or not getting any input from CPU.
What is the issue and possible solution ?

Thanks a ton.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Could you tell us what sort of computer you have, including make and model, as well as how old it is, please?

Do you remember anything that was said on the bluescreen? Sometimes it can give us a clue to the fault. Also, when a computer "bluescreen's" or BSOD, (blue screen of death) the only thing you can do is to use the power button to turn it off.

When you power up the computer, do you see any lights on the keyboard light up, such as the num lock? If you have no lights, during the POST are you able to use hte keyboard to get into the BIOS CMOS Setup, just to verify if the keyboard is working outside of Windows.

And now things connected from back of the CPU like Monitor, Keyboard and mouse are not working or not getting any input from CPU.

@JorgeM He's already answered that...

@mayank.dyl Could you tell us what sort of computer you have, including make and model, as well as how old it is, please?

Do you remember anything that was said on the bluescreen? Sometimes it can give us a clue to the fault. Also, when a computer "bluescreen's" or BSOD, (blue screen of death) the only thing you can do is to use the power button to turn it off.

@BigPaw..i am using HP p6040in desktop computer baught in 2009 and hence almost 3.5 yr old.
The configuration are : Core2duo processor, 3 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, DVD writer, 18.5 inches monitor, nVidia MOBO with inbuilt nVidia 7100 graphic card(128 MB).
Didn't notice the message on blue screen but it stayed for long so i had to turn off CPU.

@JorgeM...when i turn on the CPU now, the keyboard doesnt show any light on any of the locks plus no red light on mouse also. Only monitor turns on and shows message that "Monitor going to sleep" as the power supply of monitor is seperate, i think it goes to sleep as it does not receive any input from CPU.

What i think is this that MOBO is not working. What you guys say ?

Does the PSU (power supply unit) do anything? If not then potentially that could be the cause of this fault. Because of the overall age of the PC you may want to go for a complete upgrade?

If not a full upgrade then you may want to try replacing the PSU first if that does not start up. This may be the most cost effective and time efficient option. If you replace the motherboard then you will need to reinstall the operating system, drivers, and choice of software. And, you will need a motherboard that is compatible with your current hardware, such as HDD, (some motherboards are now SATA only) and memory, unless you don't mind upgrading these too.

If you do replace the PSU and find that the problem is with the motherboard then you have a spare PSU, which is never a bad thing.

These are only a few options for you. It's your call. :)

PSU is working fine. When i tried to open BIOS as it showed some display once then a message came, which was "Bootmgr is corrupt. System can not boot."
Now what does this mean, any idea ?

You might have to re-install your OS. What were you "working on" when this happened?
Heres a link if you get your keyboard working. Click Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.