Okay, got a dell PC, XPS 400, with thefollowing specs:
2.4 Gig Proccessor
1 gig RAM
80 Gigabyte HD
RADEON X600 Video Card 512 mb RAM
and the list goes on.
Anyway, the computer worked for a few months, then when I was in the middle of playing Conter Strike Source, the computer shut down. I thought it might be overheating, so i let it cool off for a bit. I turned it back on, loaded up windows, and it restarded, went to the initial BIOS loading screen, and hung up, SO i turned it on and off again. Then I booted into safe mode which worked, and reset to a previous system restore point. I then loaded windows normally, and the system restarded and failed to load BIOS again. I turned it on and off, and went back into safe mode to run a virus check, but it crashed less then 1/4th of the way throufgh, but it said i had one infection. I turned it on and off, and it began to make two beepslike so:
beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep, until i turned off the computer. After this, I could turn it on and load windows sometimes, but it was getting late, so I went to sleep. When I woke up I tried to turn it on, and it made the same beeping noises as before. I turned it on and off again, and this time whem it started up, it made a different beeping noise, a long, deep BOOP-BOOP, BOOP-BOOP. then as before, did not even load up the bios, or even do anything. Please help me, as I am ost, But I assume this was the work of a virus. I hope it is not though.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

AFAIK, this is a hardware failure. On one such occasions, it helped me to open the CPU box and clean the RAM chips. But I would suggest you to call up your vendor support.

AFAIK, this is a hardware failure. On one such occasions, it helped me to open the CPU box and clean the RAM chips. But I would suggest you to call up your vendor support.

sorry, what is AFAIK?

K, i took out one of my RAM sticks and it boots up now.I think you were right

K, i took out one of my RAM sticks and it boots up now.I think you were right

Sometimes ram just needs to be reseated ,also you can clean the connectors with a white eraser.be carefull not to damage ram ,make sure you unplugg you computer ,hold the power button in in for about 20 seconds to dran power supply , before removing and installing ram .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.