My On/Off button just blinks & computer won't turn on.. I tried reseating the hard drive & the ram..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Doesn't that usually indicate standby mode?

Hi That's what I thought too, but hitting the On button, wouldn't turn the computer on. But after taking the hard drive out & putting it back in it booted up.

I tried answering sooner, but couldn't get the message to Submit a reply.

Seems to me the laptop power button is not working that correctly last time so you have to pull the HDD out.

The blinking light indicates the standby mode, if pressing the power button once, we should be able to wake up the laptop.
If not, we can try pressing and holding the power button over 5 seconds to power off mandatory. But this will cause the unsaved work lost.

I would suggest check the system hardware and the power button, seems to me this can happen again.

Try update the latest chipset driver, reboot, and update all other device drivers as well.
Hope this gets better system integrity.

Hope this helps.
Bill
Tech Manager, WPTinc.

Seems to me the laptop power button is not working that correctly last time so you have to pull the HDD out.
I would suggest check the system hardware and the power button.

Ok thanks. As of this posting it is still working. If it does it again, I will get the power button checked out. Might be a job for a shop.
How & where do I update Chipset driver??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.