I bought an OCZ Vector SSD about 6-8 months ago for a new build and currently have Win 7 installed on it. I haven't had any problems yet (touch wood) and it still runs lovely and quick.
I installed and ran Astra32 today and it reports my SSD drive health status as being poor. Could this be correct? How accurate is that software? I was thinking maybe that only applies to the traditional HDDs and not SSDs as it has been a feature of it for a long time. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bryann

I don't know about Astra32, but if it is looking at the smart interface of the SSD, then it is probably correct. SMART is a tool on most all current drives that monitors in real-time the behavior of the drive, including disk read errors, sector remapping, temperature, etc. On my Linux system, I use it to monitor my drives, and when it indicates that a drive is starting to degrade, or fail, then I know I need to replace it. I had a failing drive this week that because the SMART interface informed me of this situation, I was able to back up the data to a new drive to replace it. It is now FUBAR, but because I saw the situation in time, I lost no data (including all of my Doctor Who collections, going back into the 1960's).

Ok thanks for your help. I downloaded a program called CrystalDiskInfo which can apparently do what you said and that reported the health of my SSD as good so hopefully all is good.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.