So I just bought the S510 Remote set from logitech and installed anything. To my disgust I notice that when i typed the keyboard had a ridiculous lag.

When I would key in a letter, I would have to wait about 3-8 seconds to input another!!!

The software tells me that everything is correct and connected, and the mouse and remote control work great.

I have the latest BIOS revision for my motherboard, and SP2? I have never heard of a problem like this before and google gave me nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

specs are:
P4 3.0G 1mb cache LGA775 CPU (@3600 [240x15]) cooled by Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 | Asus P5GD1 mobo | 2x512mb Elixir Pc3200 DDR RAM (3-3-5-5) | Albatron 128mb 6800U | 2x120GB Seagate Barracuda 7.5k | 1x250GB Seagate Barracuda 7.5k | Raidmax Cobra Black | Logitech X-530 5.1 Satellite Speakers | 8 Channel Sound Card

Well I am going to be the one who mentions the obvious.
Try putting your keyboard in direct line-of-sight of the receiver and see if it gets any better. Try placing the receiver a little higher than it is currently located or a little lower, also try putting the receiver right next to the keyboard

Are there any other wireless devices around (routers, network cards, mobile phones etc.) operating near it? If so try switching them off and then test.

This should either fix it or rule out the fact that its a signal issue.

After this it is likely that it is a software issue. Have you installed all the Logitec keyboard/mouse software? (not just the drivers, but the actual tweeking software)? Are there any new versions available? if so try updating them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.