I need information on how to go about replacing the mother board on an HP ze1115. My repairman told me it needed a new mother board but I could buy another for less than what he was going to charge. If you could list the steps and vendors where I can buy parts, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

:cheesy: HaHaHa your better off buying a new laptop. For starters if you 've never done it before your going to break it. It is not easy to get out you will have to totaally strip down the laptop. Secondly if you manage to find someone who sells your specific board it will probably cost you around £500.
Your best hope is to find a second hand one with a damaged screen or somthing and and use it for spares. Try ebay.
Also what is wrong with the laptop. Please explain. The repair man could be wrong. I am an computer engineer and most repair men are wrong.:cheesy:

After some minipulation, I did get the laptop to boot and windows started. When I touched the jack it was very warm and the laptop went black. The jack seems to be loose. Can the jack be replaced?

After some minipulation, I did get the laptop to boot and windows started. When I touched the jack it was very warm and the laptop went black. The jack seems to be loose. Can the jack be replaced?

I 've just replaced one on a samsung V20 bit hard to get hold of though. I found the one i needed on ebay. Tricky to replace though. You will have to take the laptop to pieces and remove the motherboard. Unsolder the power jack which is the trickiest part. Then solder the new jack to the motherboard. You will need a steady hand and be very careful if you decide to do this yourself. Do not over solder it when putting the jack back on or you could cause the motherboard to short. I would recommend using antistatic mat and wrist strap and make sure you keep all the screws safe . Also remeber where they go you don't want to put it all back together and find you have 3 screws left over.:sad: Be very careful with all the internal cables too.
The jack itself i paid about £8.00 for so thats good. If you live in the UK i could do it for you for a charge let me know and i'll give you my details and how much i would charge.;) Hope this helps.

ok i have a hp laptop and they are telling me to replace the mother board i do not want to buy a new laptop i loved this one n i seem to hae bad luck with them n do not like computer deskstop i meant to say cause i cannot bring the anywhere HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i have a hp laptop and they are telling me to replace the mother board i do not want to buy a new laptop i loved this one n i seem to hae bad luck with them n do not like computer deskstop i meant to say cause i cannot bring the anywhere HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Please begin your own thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.