Would it be bad to use a aio cooler (even if it is a reliable one like corsair) for 10 years or more? I would not have the pc running constantly, only when I am using it for gaming. Also, does it increase the chances of the water coming out if it lasts that long?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I wish this was simple to answer. First I'll reveal at one time I worked on determining reliability for electronics long ago. The basic rule is more parts means less reliable. But here, why would you add this cooler in the first place. The PC should arrive good to go and with care you can expect 5 years of service. After that it becomes unclear because the designs are not meant for a decade or more.

-> What I would do. I'd not modify the PC and use it as-is.

According to Coolermaster's website the life expectancy for that AIO cooler is about 70,000 hours.
Moreover, there aren't many improvements in cooler technology over time so keep using it till it
breaks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.