Hello,
I am new to this forum. I just aquired a Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop from a friend. It's a Pentium III, 500MHZ, with 128 Megs of RAM and a 12 Gig Hard Drive. It's in very nice condition and running Windows 2000 when I received it.
Loaded with all kinds of video games and junk, I decided to fresh install Windows XP on it. It booted from the CD, formatted the hard drive, loaded the system files, rebooted and began to install. About a little more than half way into the installation, it froze. I have tried to install XP on it three times and it freezes exactly in the same place every time.
Appreciate any suggestions you might have!
Thanks!:sad:

Is the computer overheating?
Try to run UBCD 3.4 (Ultimate Boot CD) and try to hardware tests on your hdd. If it comes back clean, check to see if the computer is overheating. If thats not, try to reinstall 2000 and upgrade from that to xp. If that doesnt work, test the other hardware using ubcd.
Hope this helps,
Nick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.