I know that this is kinda old but I am unable to install this video card on my computer. When I put the card in and start windows it does not recognize the driver that came with the machine or the one that is on the vidia websight. When I try to install the driver the screen goes blank and the computer restarts. And then I have thesame problem again and again. I am not computer smart but any help would be nice.

Also when the computer restarts it is like the refresh rate is totally off. and the screen is really fuzy.

TJ

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try uninstalling the old driver in safe mode.

Turn on your PC, press F8 at the first Windows Splash Screen.

Select safe mode, and wait for Windows to boot.

Follow this process.

Start > Run > Type "devmgmt.msc" (Press OK)

Expand Display adapters, and right-click all subsequent entries, and select uninstall.

Restart normally, ignore any new found hardware wizards, and install the new drivers.

Get any problems, head back here and let us know

Regards, David

Try uninstalling the old driver in safe mode.

Turn on your PC, press F8 at the first Windows Splash Screen.

Select safe mode, and wait for Windows to boot.

Follow this process.

Start > Run > Type "devmgmt.msc" (Press OK)

Expand Display adapters, and right-click all subsequent entries, and select uninstall.

Restart normally, ignore any new found hardware wizards, and install the new drivers.

Get any problems, head back here and let us know

Regards, David

Well that did not work. Now it is not even opening windows when I try to restart my computer. It gets past the or even stays on the windows screen and just locks up. I am pretty sure that I disabled my on board video card, I uninstalled it on the device manager but in the bios it just has pci or "on board agp" I have an AGP video card so I picked the on board agp. I tried to find some where on the internet if there is some kind of jumper that I might have to change but to no avail. Like I said before this is an old computer.

M810LR-H
AMD Duron Processor
950 Megahertz
512 SDRAM
BIOS String:
62-0914-001437-00101111-071595-SiS730S

Video Card:
Nvidia G-Force FX5200
256DDR RAM

Any help would be great!!!!

I just really want to know if I bought the wrong video card so I can bring it back. If not I would like to install it.

really old computer ,really new video card ,is most likely incompatible with the motherboard

According to this FAQ
http://radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html
some FX5200 run on this series of MoBos and some don't. In general, many cards won't run stable without reducing the AGP speed to 1x, which is described in the same FAQ.

There seem to be general issues with your old PC Chips MoBo and FX cards, so you should return the card if reducing AGP rate doesn't help. The FAQ also contains a list of supported graphic chips, so you can buy one of these (if still available). A new MoBo would be the other option...

Thanks everyone for your help.

I amreturnging the card and gonna just live with what I have rightnow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.