Okay... here's the problem...

I have a wireless home network setup using DLink adapters and router.

I am getting the connection just fine on one of my computers, so I know the network is working. However, on the second computer, I have a problem. It says it is connected to the network and recieving an excellent signal but when I try and open anything on the internet, it behaves as if it doesn't have a connection.

Router: DI-624
Problem Adapter: DWL-G520
Both are dlink products. The adapter is a pci adapter. I have a usb adapter working on the other computer. Also, the pci adapter has worked before in the past. It had been behaving strangely - causing my comp to crash (or atleast the comp didn't behave that way prior to me adding the adapter). So I tried to reinstall it... now it behaves as I said... recieves an "excellent" signal but the internet doesn't work.

is the PCI adapter configured for DHCP ? is the router DHCP turned on? or are you using static IP addresses ?

If you do ipconfig/all at a command prompt on the computer that's working and the one that isn't what output do you get?

i am assuming you're running windows on both boxes here. If linux then use: ifconfig eth0 at the shell prompt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.