Hi All,

i want to read the post results from bios of a computer by using a device connected to the computer. this device is a usb device with a microcontroler in it, and i can write a small programe in this microcontroler to read this. This is what i wanted to do , is this possible ?If possible please give me the details or ideas to do this.

Thanks,

Navya

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I highly doubt this is possible on current motherboards - especially on the USB port. It is an interesting idea, but the POST codes are usually shown in other ways (Beeps,LEDs,Screen)

You could write a program on the device to poll the port and store all shown information. Then have a look at it. If they output the POST codes it should clearly show the two HEX digits in whatever representation they use.

hi, don't know if this would help your curiosity, some manufacturer, support to read USB ports at POST, you just need to enable it in the BIOS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.