Hey There,

I'am just new to this forum, and have been wondering for some time now how you overclock your CPU. I wouldnt have the first clue on how to get into anything. Can someone please advise me on how to do it, without stuffing up my computer? Are the any programs out there that mite be able to do it for me?

My Processor is a AMD Sempron 1.8ghz.

Cheers

Mumbo

At your experience level, I would say overclocking isn't a good idea. Even if you got an idea of how to, I think you'd end up damaging your system. A Sempron isn't really worth overclocking, because of it's limited capabilities. You would need proper hardware to overclock, there isn't just a program "out there" that would jump the speed up. It's a setting in your system natively. If you want to learn about overclocking, learn about the hardware that's involved. These would be your motherboard and processor. Try looking up spec sheets and manuals on them. The better you get to know them, the easier it will be to change settings on them. Here's an excellent manual on overclocking however. http://www.overclock.net/amd-general/91-ultimate-overclocking-guide.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.