Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It's an Intel Board with an award BIOS. The processor Slot architecture would suggest to me that this board is an Intel Pentium 2 board. You will notice the 16 bit ISA slots alongside the PCI slots and AGP slot along with the intel onboard graphics chip.

This type of board and processor is obsolete now. However you may be lucky to find some retailers who might still do parts for them as there are still some hanging about.

It's an Intel Board with an award BIOS. The processor Slot architecture would suggest to me that this board is an Intel Pentium 2 board. You will notice the 16 bit ISA slots alongside the PCI slots and AGP slot along with the intel onboard graphics chip.

This type of board and processor is obsolete now. However you may be lucky to find some retailers who might still do parts for them as there are still some hanging about.

Thank you, but truly I know the mainboard's slot names, etc. I need to know the model number or chipset type (440BX? 440LX? other?) that will allow me to download proper drivers :-)

it looks like a 440LX but you probably will be very unsuccessful at getting drivers for it due to its age and the fact that Intel P2 is now obsolete.

Thank you, but truly I know the mainboard's slot names, etc. I need to know the model number or chipset type (440BX? 440LX? other?) that will allow me to download proper drivers :-)

Hi if you put this board in a computer and loaded win98 se it would have all necessary drivers to run the board ,you could then use WCPUID to get a model name of the board ,if you need it to run some other OS.
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

Thank you both for help!

Hi if you put this board in a computer and loaded win98 se it would have all necessary drivers to run the board ,you could then use WCPUID to get a model name of the board ,if you need it to run some other OS.
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

I never thought of that. will do next time.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.