Hi im new to this forum but i got a problem.
My new hp pavilion dv 1000 with windows xp home edition I installed Mandriva and now window doesnt work. I put in the XP disk in and try to format it but when it come up after i hit enter it goes to a window saying that the hard disk drive is not found please restart.

can someone please help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sorry, I'm not Linux-savvy, but I guess it has to do with the partitions Linux created. Windows can't format a Linux partition - you'll have to re-partition the disk first. At least one partition must be NTFS and marked as 'active' to be able to format and install XP on it.

thanks for the help i think i get what your saying right now im going to try what you said thx.

i got a problem.
My new dell xps 1210 with windows vista home basic edition I installed Mandriva and now window doesnt work. I put in the XP disk in and try to format it but when it come up after i hit enter it goes to a window saying that the hard disk drive is not found please restart.

i do that one partion is NTFS and i install the windows xp in it and in second partion when i install windows vista the problem is still there

Raskesh Is the hard disk detected in the BIOS if so did you partition your hard disk with which format

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.