Hi, I have an ASUS A8V-Deluxe motherboard, and recently during some of my bittorrent downloads, it will disconnect me from the internet(I know because google talk would disconnect, and msn would freeze, and i couldn't goto any websites.) but windows does not thing that there's anything wrong with the internet. This problem can simply be fixed by manually disabling and enabling the network card and everything will be fine again...until it disconnects again. Does anyone know if this is a problem with Windows XP pro or my network card? Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can install a NIC card quickly, easily, and cheaply... $14 to $20. If the device manager in System gives you trouble, disable the old Network interface in the device manager. Then install drives from the new NIC in the PCI slot. Often in WXP, Windows will automatically install the new NIC card. If not, the drivers will. Just go back to System, and look in the device manager to assure that it is installed properly and is working.
One more thing. Many times it is not the computer, but the cable. CAT 5 and CAT-6 internet cables have an extremely high failure rate at the plug, so you might also want to test or replace the cable with the best one you can afford... not the most expensive, bu tthe best.

Built in Network Card on MB isn't working. This problem is found in few motherboards. its best solution is to be installed new pci network card and disable built in card from BIOS.

Built in Network Card on MB isn't working. This problem is found in few motherboards. its best solution is to be installed new pci network card and disable built in card from BIOS. from

mumtaz amir ranjha
hardware engineer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.