I use a laptop and it doesn't have any PS/2 ports only USB. My wife just bought a keyboard for her computer and it came with a PS/2 to USB adapter. Well my USB keyboard is crappin out so I tryed hooking a older PS/2 keyboard up with the adapter but it just says device not reconized. I searched google but all I can find is adapters for sale and no drivers or anything. Can someone please help me. Its just a generic PS/2 keyboard and from what I can tell a generic PS/2 to USB adapter. Thanks in advance:cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you shouldnt need any drivers

you may need to enable USB keyboard in the BIOS

My wife just bought a keyboard for her computer and it came with a PS/2 to USB adapter.

Hi Cheesy

The USB/PS2 adapters that come with a keyboard don't generally work well in my experience. What I had to do when I got my laptop hooked up to a KVM switch was get a little gadget that has a single USB connector on one end, some internal cleverness and two PS/2 ports on the other. This is the type of thing:

http://www.networktechinc.com/usb-ps2.html

That will be the best solution for your problem.

Sid

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.