I have been doing some upgrades on my PC ( MOBO, CPU, PSU, DVD-R)
After I had installed all these things, the computer would run fine, at first. but at times when I try to install something, it will start out fine, then freeze up for a second and all of a sudden I see a evil blue screen, you can only see it for a total of three seconds. The only things im able to see are "Hardware" and " Pysical memory dump" then restart.
So I figured it must be the Hard Drive if its only happening when im installing. So I buy a new HD and bought Vista while I was at it. So now I think my blue screen problem was over with, I was wrong. But this time I wasnt installing, I was trying to open up something.

Vista takes up alot of memory, could this problem be from my memory maxxing out and failing?
Any help would be appreciated, so i dont go spending money on things I dont need.

Some of my system specs:

Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:766MB RAM
Hard Drive:80 GB
Video Card:Radeon X1300 Series (Microsoft

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TT4Titans

how you got the memory in there one 512 and a 256?

pull one and try it if it does it again switch.

try taking out the 256 first.

best thing to do is have 2 512's.

Go back and do a minimal build, add each component till you have the problem. Make sure you RAM is properly seated.

Your problem was there before you installed Vista. Vista is a major resource hog, it is suggested that you have a minimum of 1GB or RAM.

I looked up the problem in the error log and it came up with this:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini022507-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8315D980
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: b765e001-dffb-4fb5-ad96-4aea55caa123

MS doesnt have a solution for the problem.

So I know its not the RAM. I just bought 2GB of DDR2 RAM.
PC was running excellent. So I installed Battlefield 2. Half way thorugh the loading process, you guessed it BSOD.

This time it stayed on screen so I wrote down the Stop error code.

0x0000000c
(0x00000000, 0xBAB4c050, 0xB2000000, 0x1040080F )

Dont know what it is =[

just because you bought them brand new doesn't mean anything,you can still get a bad brand new piece of hardware.

Still do what DCC said.

Also try going to your to Video card manufacture site and get the latest driver.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.