I have been doing some upgrades on my PC ( MOBO, CPU, PSU, DVD-R)
After I had installed all these things, the computer would run fine, at first. but at times when I try to install something, it will start out fine, then freeze up for a second and all of a sudden I see a evil blue screen, you can only see it for a total of three seconds. The only things im able to see are "Hardware" and " Pysical memory dump" then restart.
So I figured it must be the Hard Drive if its only happening when im installing. So I buy a new HD and bought Vista while I was at it. So now I think my blue screen problem was over with, I was wrong. But this time I wasnt installing, I was trying to open up something.

Vista takes up alot of memory, could this problem be from my memory maxxing out and failing?
Any help would be appreciated, so i dont go spending money on things I dont need.

Some of my system specs:

Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:766MB RAM
Hard Drive:80 GB
Video Card:Radeon X1300 Series (Microsoft

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

how you got the memory in there one 512 and a 256?

pull one and try it if it does it again switch.

try taking out the 256 first.

best thing to do is have 2 512's.

Go back and do a minimal build, add each component till you have the problem. Make sure you RAM is properly seated.

Your problem was there before you installed Vista. Vista is a major resource hog, it is suggested that you have a minimum of 1GB or RAM.

I looked up the problem in the error log and it came up with this:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini022507-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 8315D980
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: b765e001-dffb-4fb5-ad96-4aea55caa123

MS doesnt have a solution for the problem.

So I know its not the RAM. I just bought 2GB of DDR2 RAM.
PC was running excellent. So I installed Battlefield 2. Half way thorugh the loading process, you guessed it BSOD.

This time it stayed on screen so I wrote down the Stop error code.

0x0000000c
(0x00000000, 0xBAB4c050, 0xB2000000, 0x1040080F )

Dont know what it is =[

just because you bought them brand new doesn't mean anything,you can still get a bad brand new piece of hardware.

Still do what DCC said.

Also try going to your to Video card manufacture site and get the latest driver.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.