:rolleyes:
hello there i have a mothers board Intel (D845WN) it has a burnt IC right beneath the Ram slot its ID is (4501, W16B). I want to replace this if anybody can help by telling me where to find this IC, i'll be highly grateful.
thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by navyAT2

i dont think you should/can do repair work to a motherboard, if somthings visually burnt out that means somewhere else there are probably problems with the board. I mean for somthing to burn out and be visable, then there are probably other invisible problems you cant see.

Replacing the motherboard would not only be easier, it would most likely be less expensive as well. Unfortunately, though, you're unlikely to find a new motherboard which would be able to use the SD-RAM that is installed in the one you have.

But as suggested above, a motherboard shouldn't really be 'repaired', and from your description I'd suspect it's the chipset southbridge that's blown. I reckon that board is cactus!

I dunno... You could find a board that supports the SDRAM. If AMD boards are any indication, you may be able to find a board that supports both SDRAM and DDR, if you wanted to upgrade later.

Dunno about over there, Alex, but I do know it'd be virtually impossible to find a new SD-RAM motherboard instores in Australia. The only circumstance in which one would be found would be if one was sitting on a shelf as old stock. My vendor friends tell me supplies of them dried up a while back.

But perhaps you folk over there just aren't as Technologically advanced as we Aussies!

:D

Hello,
I do realize this is coming in very late in the game, but I have an Intel D845HV motherboard that had the same problem, I have no information about the 8 pin surface mount chip (4501) other than I believe it to be a switch that sends 3.3 volts to the MCH (Memory Controller Hub) and in turn it sends 3.3 volts to the Ram modules. I found that if you remove the bad chip and jumper 3.3 volts to where Pin 8 connects it will run the board just fine. Check but I think pin 1 on the chip is 3.3 volts. On this board I also had to repair a bad 12V trace, so you too may have other problems like blown fuses, burnt traces, etc.

The problem on the board I have was cause by improper seating of the AGP card. A friend had it then and I swapped her another D845HV for the one I now have. I got the better end of the deal because my old board had many other problems, first I removed the LAN / USB interface to repair some bad traces under it, I had to solder a coper wire in place of a broken processor pin (now my pentium 4 has 477 gold pins and 1 copper pin) My old board had been through hell and it still worked great! WHen I aquired this board I had to fix it because the dang thing is so stable, I don't want a new PC I'll fix my old one ;)
Both of my boards were aquired free because they had problems... do you wanna sell / give me your burned up board ?

hello there i have a mothers board Intel (D845WN) it has a burnt IC right beneath the Ram slot its ID is (4501, W16B). I want to replace this if anybody can help by telling me where to find this IC, i'll be highly grateful.
thanks.

there is a brand called "ECS" look for a board from probably ebay and you can get them to accept 2 slots for ddr ram and there are 2 slots for sdram

these boards rock!

I have a motherboard with the same problem. I did find a loose/improperly seated video card. Do you want it? If you pay for shipping I'll give it to you---in return, let me know what you found.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.