I have this strange problem with my Compaq Presario 2500 Laptop.
- computer starts up (and stays on) when plugged into the AC adaptor, and the connection is anything but loose.
- the battery charging symbol shows that it's charging, and occasionally that it is directly on AC power (while it's supposedly at 0% and charging) BUT it never gets above 0% battery charge.
- the battery is absolutely drained and the computer will not start up unless the AC adaptor is in.
- the battery held charge for appx 3 hrs 2 weeks ago, before this whole thing started.
- I tried taking out and reconnecting the battery, but it was a no go and changed the charge reading from 7% to 0%...
- I tried a replacement battery and AC adaptor, but that didn't help either.