I have just bought a new Mobo ( well it was off ebay ) and when I plugged it up it up to the rest of my hardware............it turned on, all the fans ran, CD-drive+floppy made noise but nothing came on the screen. I have tested the Monitor, RAM (in both the DIMM slots ), PSU, the CPU is brand new and they are all compatable. I have tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper and the battery. I have tried using a AGP and PCI grahpics card as well as the onboard VGA output. Now I have ran out of ideas to please (((((HELP me))))))
The Mobo is a Foxconn 760GXK8MC by the way.

Will it post with only one stick of ram and no disk drives pluged in. Try with onboard video first then cards. does it beep at all?

I am only using one stick of RAM and no it doesn't. I had already tried that.

If everything you mention is good, I would say you've narrowed it down to a bad board.
I once bought a new psu that was bad,a slim possibility. If moniter,cables are good,I don't see what else it could be. Was it a used board?

Yes it was used. I think it is a bad board but I would like to know what on it is bad and how do I fix it?

Yep it is a bad board

I have no idea how to fix a bad board.
I'd just get another one.

I am only using one stick of RAM and no it doesn't. I had already tried that.

I preseume you already resolved this. However, if not: make sure you put the memory stick in DIMM Slot 1. That board gets pickey if you put the memory in Slot 2 instead.

Hope that Helps!

Bob H.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.