Hi,

I have a sony vaio VGN FE670G and my computer has the "ESC" key activated almost all the time. I even installed a keyboard mapper to make sure it was the ESC key that was "stuck". Physically the keyboard is fine, but out of nowhere is like the ESC key is pressed all the time. Its impossible to use a computer like this.... I even have problems to boot it up (beeps for keyboard failure) so I don't think is a problem with windows.

Sometimes the computer is working fine and then the next minute is useless and the the next minute is fine again. Everything I try to to gets cancelled because of the ESC key.

I even tryied to use an external keyboard to see if it was some kind of pressure of my hands over the keyboard that was causing the problem, but even so after a few minutes the problem apperard again.

What to do? I'm in Brazil and there is not Sony support for notebooks here.

thanks!

Ok,

Since the waranty was gone I just opened up the keyboard and after some tests I figured out the problem is very likly to be in the keyboard, given that when the problem started I disconnected the keyboard from the note and then the problem stopped.

question: Where can I find a replacement keyboard for this model on the internet? I saw a guy selling one at Ebay for 60 bucks, is that the average price?

thansk again.

Hi,

I have a sony vaio VGN FE670G and my computer has the "ESC" key activated almost all the time. I even installed a keyboard mapper to make sure it was the ESC key that was "stuck". Physically the keyboard is fine, but out of nowhere is like the ESC key is pressed all the time. Its impossible to use a computer like this.... I even have problems to boot it up (beeps for keyboard failure) so I don't think is a problem with windows.

Sometimes the computer is working fine and then the next minute is useless and the the next minute is fine again. Everything I try to to gets cancelled because of the ESC key.

I even tryied to use an external keyboard to see if it was some kind of pressure of my hands over the keyboard that was causing the problem, but even so after a few minutes the problem apperard again.

What to do? I'm in Brazil and there is not Sony support for notebooks here.

thanks!

Member Avatar for lavie

I had the same problem with my VAIO (VGNFE790G). It wasn't the ESC key though, it was the W.

I am on it right now and I am having no problems so far as you can see. :thumb:

I just used a screwdriver to pop the key off and i blew any debris that could have been in there and pushed down and moved the parts around and then pushed the key back down onto the keyboard, and it works fine for me now.

The only cost to me was a few nerves cuz I was scared as hell to start taking apart my 2000 dollar laptop... :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.