Just bought it (Patriot 4gb kit). Now I think of it, I probably should do some research on the motherboard first be4 plunging into the kit. Any good motherboard for this 4gb (2 x 2gb) kit? I would prefer AMD route if possible, but if there is a cheap route for Intel then I don't mind going for Intel.

I'm pretty sure that Biostar 500 series won't work with this kit. However I'm not sure about the others. Here is what I have found so far

Abit: Upto 8gb
Asus: Upto 8gb
Biostar: Upto 4gb and only 1GB per DIMM
DFI: Upto 4gb (May have the same restriction as Biostar)
MSI: Upto 4gb (May have the same restriction as Biostar)
Gigabyte: Upto 16gb

PS. All the reviews from Newegg are Intel users. It's hard to find a AMD user who uses this kit or similar.

Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB 2X2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12 EPP Dual Channel Memory Kit

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23406

Thank you!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

As much as I like and use AMD the Intel Core 2 duo is the best on the market at the moment.

You should take into consideration that the reviews at Newegg are made by the general public who may or may not have purchased and used the products, and may or may not have any idea of what they are talking about. I have read reviews that it is obvious that the person has panned the product because it was smarter than the user.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will definitely spend some time doing research on the asus board and C2D route.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.