Toshiba Laptop Tecra 8100, made in USA
Pressing the system power-switch (mains power supply and battery indicator lights being already on), results in the following:-
(a) Screen-indicator light turns on.
(b) Hard disc indicator-light comes on for about 2 seconds and then goes off.
(c) The dark screen has a message: Remove incompatible Memory module in bay A. When the same memory module is transferred to bay B, the message mentions bay B.
2. When the said memory module is removed, no message is shown on pressing the power switch thereafter.
3. On operating the re-set switch(by inserting a pin in the hole adjacent to volume control wheel), the disc indicator light comes on for about 2 seconds and then goes off.
4. When system power switch is pressed to turn off the computer, after exactly 30 beeps, the screen-indicator light goes off, leaving the mains supply and battery indicator lights on.
5. Pressing Escape, F1 or F2 or in combinations after pressing the power switch does not show set-up. The screen stays dark.
6. Pressing power switch, after removing said memory module, battery, DVD drive and hard disc, does not present any message. Pressing switches as in para 5 above does not show set-up and the screen remains dark. Pressing system power switch to turn-off the computer gives 30 beeps as before.
Could somebody advise fix and oblige?