I set a partition up for my pc to run linux. This made me lose 130gb form my hard drive. i removed the partition but still no luck. i checked the partition again, i tried to deletd the partiton with windows installed in it but was unable to. anyway of getting my missing space back. cheers

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i removed the partition but still no luck.

how did you remove it !

i checked the partition again, i tried to deletd the partiton with windows installed in it but was unable to.

I thought you just said you removed it ??

anyway of getting my missing space back. cheers

That depends how you created the partition i think ,try disk manager in control panel, go to administrative tools/computer management /disk management

Thats how i removed it. i created the partiton when booting up linux. i decided i didnt want it so i removed the partiton with linux on it it, but i am unable to deleted the other side of the partiton with windows, otherwise i would loose all data.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/SINONH%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]i have taken a screen shot of my partition

why didn't you just format the partition ,how big is you harddrive suppose to be !!

there should be around 300gb!! so if i formatthe hard drive i should get that missing space back.

there should be around 300gb!! so if i formatte hard drive i should get that missing space back.

yes ,it will show up as on-allocated space,remember if you format the hdd you will loosed your winxp install and everything else on the computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.